Expressions of Interest invited for use of the disused Chapel building at London Road Cemetery, Raunds
Raunds Cemetery is located on London Road, close to Warth Park and the A45. The cemetery has been used for burials since 1917 and is a well-used public open space.
The Chapel stands within the cemetery grounds. It is currently disused and in a state of disrepair. The Town Council are keen to bring the building back into use and see it restored to a well-preserved condition.
Expressions of interest are invited for:
use of the building, access to the building, and potential for permitted short term parking (not at times when the cemetery is to be used for a burial)
The Council’s preferred uses, in order of priority are:
– uses associated with burial services (e.g. for funeral services and/or chapel of rest);
– uses with a community benefit; or
– uses such as storage on a short or long-term lease.
Those submitting expressions of interest are asked to give the following information:
• Contact details (name, address, email, telephone number, business name – if applicable)
• Proposed use for the building, including:
o Detailed description of proposed use;
o Anticipated operating times;
o Type of lease you would request (short/long term, giving approximate number of months/years); and
o Relevant experience or skills that you have in operating a facility under such use
• Confirmation that the proposed use will not interfere with the Council’s use of the cemetery as a
burial ground, including public access for burials and for visiting graves; and
• Confirmation of a willingness to discuss an ongoing repair and maintenance commitment as part of any lease negotiations.
Any proposed use must be appropriate for a former chapel building in an active cemetery.
Send expressions of interest to: Steve Tucker, Clerk to Raunds Town Council by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01933 622087.
Expressions of Interest to be received by 5pm, Tuesday 3 October 2023.
More information: https://www.raunds-tc.gov.uk/burials.html