We received the below content from Raunds resident, Stuart McDowell regarding his feelings on the way Raunds is being run. The content has been provided unedited below.
Dear Town Voice
I am addressing the Raunds Council on this page for all to read local, as it appears more people actually look at this page regarding Raunds than any other Raunds Page including the Councils.
So Raunds Council Perhaps you can address the following with out any excuses and actually do something rather than hold further local meetings to hear peoples voices and not actually do anything.
1. How many Hair Salons and Barbers do we need in Raunds High Street, please do not use the landlords as a excuse, this is becoming ridiculous for the high street.
2. A Gregs opens in the local Spar surely this is not looking after the Local Bakery in Raunds…and a clear sign of not supporting local business in Raunds through out…again please do not use the landlords as a excuse!
3. The Local Co-op …customers and staff jobs now reduced because we have allowed ASDA, and M&S which should be a Fuel Garage, again how does this support local business. Please do not use the landlords as a excuse!
4. You said that the new warehouse / Industrial parks would help provide a better High street and facilities in Raunds…what with a Gregs, and Band stand and so many hair salons!
5. I have learned the local gift shop on the high street has moved and the rumours is this will be replaced with another Vape Shop directly opposite the current local Vape shop…again where is the support of local business…please do not use the landlords as a excuse!
6. With the population now increased with new houses in Raunds why would you add a band stand in the market square reducing the already limited parking, which again affects the local business on the highstreet.
7. How many times do the people of Raunds who actually live in Rands tell you the council what we need to improve the high street with what we the residents need and to protect local businesses.
8. Why is it that all the Dog poo bins are always over filled for weeks on end and there are limited bins? But yet you are happy to place new stickers threading to fine the locals of £1000 fines. Surely to help with this situation is to provide more dog poo bins and have them emptied more regular.
10. When is the council going to make a actual stand with the local police against the local youths who threaten staff and customers who use the co-op. Perhaps street cameras would of been better than the fancy electronic LED notice board you now have outside the offices, I wonder how long that will be until the bored youths destroy that?!
11. With all the new Industrial units and businesses now appearing in Raunds Warehouse park, what improvements are we going to see as residents in Raunds as we were promised by the council when the people who live in Raunds objected to further development of the Warehouse park in Raunds, of which again we as residents were ignored?
12. When is Raunds and Stanwick Council going to address the parking situation in Stanwick lakes, when Visitors that are unable to park or to tight to pay for a space within the lakes, then in residential roads ofStanwick and Raunds, this is really getting out of hand and is becoming very dangerous for the residents.