We are delighted to announce that we, Windmill Primary School, have achieved the School Games Gold Mark Award for the 2017/18 academic year.
The School Games Mark is a Government led award scheme launched in 2012, facilitated by the Youth Sport Trust to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community, and we are delighted to have been recognised for our success.
Our sporting achievements this year include:
- 1st place in the Year 3/4 Boys Pacesetter Football Tournament
- 2nd place in the Year 3/4 Gymnastics Competition
- 3rd place in the Year 5/6 Gymnastics Competition
- Participation in the Year 3/4 Gymnastics County Finals
- Participation in Cluster Festivals at Manor Sports School
- Participation in Pacesetter Competitions
- Participation in School Sports Games
With a total of young people competing in local inter-school competitions this year, we are extremely proud of our pupils for their dedication to all aspects of school sport, including those young volunteers, leaders and officials who made our competitions possible.
As part of our application, we were asked to fulfill criteria in the areas of participation, competition, workforce and clubs, and we are pleased that the hard work of everyone at our school has been rewarded this year.
A special thanks to:
- All of the staff and parents that have helped to organise and support sporting competitions and events.
- A huge thanks to Miss Mawby for all her hard work!
- The staff at Manor Sports School for their continued support.
- Our amazing children at Windmill.