Fines for Parking at Needle and Awl Rushden

Janet Croxon has told us today about parking fines that were issued at Needle and Awl for having a regular meal in their restaurant

“Members of my family have been given parking fines of £100 each for parking over two hours in their car park, from 3.00pm to 5.30pm.

The reason they were there so long was the poor service at the Needle and Awl. They had gone for a meal.

When they complained at the Needle and Awl they said it was nothing to do with them.

Just want to warn people, as they weren’t even there at peak time.”

The latest changes to parking policy appear to be introduced since Rushden Lakes has opened, but is 2 hours a reasonable time to allow patrons to have a simple meal and a chat? – What about if people with kids also wanted to use the Wacky Warehouse where they offer Monthly Play Passes? – Can you really have ‘unlimited play’?

Have you been a victim to parking charges from Needle and Awl – comment below!

24 thoughts on “Fines for Parking at Needle and Awl Rushden

• Darren Haywood
    9th December 2017 at 10:16 pm

Don’t pay if it’s a parking notice charge, simple as that. Tell them to take you to court, I can pretty much guarantee that won’t happen. It’s a parking charge notice from a private firm not a council PCN.

• Kevin Gay
    10th December 2017 at 8:01 am

It’s not worth the paper it’s printed on, only council issued or ones issued by the police need to be paid, ignore it.

• Rob Dunlop
    10th December 2017 at 8:23 am

The Needle & Awl is bloody awful. Microwave deep fried food.
    Now with a 100 quid fine if you are served late (which they are notoriously bad for)…..personally I’m surprised anyone eats there at all?!!

• Carol Anne Ross
    10th December 2017 at 9:39 am

I think you should just ignore it, if you contact them to dispute it you are admitting liability.

• Darren Haywood
      10th December 2017 at 10:50 am

Yes and you are also giving them your details if they are not accredited with he DVLA

• Christopher King
    10th December 2017 at 10:01 am

Don’t ignore it, the law has changed and you can still get taken to court for non payment

• Janet Croxon
      18th December 2017 at 2:24 pm

I am not sure where you are studying Brian, or which aspect of law, but there was a case in Bristol where the court ruled that the fine had to be paid, and it set a precedent, provided the company is a member of the private parking companies association, which Britannia is.

• Paul Smart
    11th December 2017 at 10:09 pm

The court will understand how shit the food and place is so will let them off and give them a free voucher to eat somewhere else which 100 times better ?

• 12th December 2017 at 11:35 pm

i received parking ticket thru post today as i was in there for 2.18h and yes eating and drinking bloody cheek…think il b ignoring it

• 14th December 2017 at 10:50 am

I also received a parking ticket yesterday. My friend and I (who had not seen each other for about six months) had a long leisurely lunch (which we can now do as we are both retired) and we both received tickets. I am absolutely disgusted to be penalised for enjoying my retirement – I certainly won’t be going there again, and nor will any of my friends! One thing puzzles me – how on earth do they suppose people can walk from the pub to the Lakes without actually walking on the road!! And why would they when you can park in the Lakes for 5 hours for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Janet Croxon
    18th December 2017 at 2:20 pm

UPDATE the manager of the Needle and Awl wrote them a letter saying they were genuine customers and Britannia Parking have revoked the fine. I would still advise their customers to check their policy before parking there.

• Lesley Byrne
    18th December 2017 at 2:26 pm

I have noticed a sign in the car park saying about 2 hours parking. If people want to meet up and have a relaxing meal they do not want to be clock watching all of the time. It’s not good for there business.

• John Fryatt
    18th December 2017 at 4:34 pm

I suppose some kind of time limit might make sense, but 2 hours is far too short.

• Kay Ekins
    19th December 2017 at 3:47 pm

We took our friends there last Thursday and it took them 3hrs to serve our meal. We had pre booked it and paid a deposit and gave them our menu requirements over the phone. We were a party of four. Two of the meals were below standard to say the least and we would have had a parking fine if we had not told them. We made a polite complaint the next day and we were told the manager would ring us. He has not done so.

• Richard Evans
    20th December 2017 at 4:01 am

Time limit can be extended free of charge at the bar, the car park is being dominated by people parking for Rushden lakes, taking up spaces for using the pub, so simply let the bar staff know you intend to be longer and they will give you a ticket to display to show you are in the pub for a long stay

• Nichola Lack
    20th December 2017 at 4:43 pm

I popped in for a meal the other day. The tables all have leaflets on now. All stating if you need longer to let them know and give them your car Reg

• 7th January 2018 at 3:38 am

I went there on the evening of boxing day with my 2 daughters. First they entered the play area for over an hour. Then we went into the other side for a meal. It was dark and raining when we arrived and also when we left. So we were not advised of the new rule by the staff, I didn’t see any signs nor was I looking out for one. This is an outrage. I will simply ignore the letter, and just like we have done with Matalan and their silly parking rules, I will use my power and authority by prohibiting any of my family from using the restaurant ever again.