Dog Poo Situation In Raunds

Anon says: “Really fed up with the amount of dog and cat poo in Raunds!

On Friday after school, at Windmill, my daughter walked across a patch of grass to get into the car.

In the car she asked why it smelt of dog poo. I took a look over at her shoe and it was covered in it, then looked at the car carpet and Door which was also now covered.

Have just spent 30 mins cleaning the area in the car and also now cost us a pair of school shoes as I’m not cleaning them.

Who should I send the bill to?

On top of that, even though not her fault she has got in trouble for not looking where she has stepped, something I have to drum in to her far too often with the amount of faeces about.

Normally we would walk to Windmill (from Titty Ho area) and it is just one big obstacle course of step left / step right #DISGUSTINGPEOPLE”

42 thoughts on “Dog Poo Situation In Raunds

• 3rd December 2017 at 6:03 pm

Commiserations. Not a nice thing to have to deal with.

And, dog owners, picking it up in a bag and then tieing the bag onto a branch of a bush (say at Stanwick Lakes, for example) is not acceptable!

• 3rd December 2017 at 6:11 pm

Several trinkets my nephew has put on his Mums grave have been broken. I was really upset thinking it was vandalism, then we noticed dog poo behind her head stone. Some total moron has let a dog run free damaging graves and leaving a mess. Would love to know who is responsible and make them pay for the damage, and rub their nose in the mess.

• 3rd December 2017 at 6:13 pm

I agree. I have two dogs and I think every coat and jacket I have has poo bags in the pocket. If we walk at night! I have a torch. No excuse. 5% of dog owners get the other 95%, who do clear up, a bad name.

• 3rd December 2017 at 6:21 pm

I’m with you jaybee. I have two dogs and a constant supply of poo bags and a torch at night. Hate that a few lazy, careless people give all dog walkers a bad name. ?

• 3rd December 2017 at 6:14 pm

I’m fed up of trying to put my poo bags into overflowing poo bins! For those of us doing the right thing it would be nice to be able to dispose of it without having to juggle dog on lead, poo bag, broken lid on poo bin and poo bags overflowing onto the floor!!!!

• 3rd December 2017 at 7:27 pm

I agree, it’s everywhere and some disgusting person let their dog do it on our driveway and left it there! ?? Wish I’d have caught them! ?

• 3rd December 2017 at 7:54 pm

Being new to Raunds, i have to agree there does appear to be a high volume of dog ownership in the town. That said, the ones being walked around where we live do not appear to be ‘leaving’ anything to step in. So thanks for that, dog owners.
    As aside, never having owned a dog, I have never understood – even the laziest antisocial owners, notion of leaving muck on the pavement. As given they all seem to have a regular route, what are the chances, on a dark wet night, of yourself stepping in the very crap you idly left the night before. It makes no sense to leave a booby trap for yourself.
    Also, im intrigued to know where all the cat muck is? It’s not often you come across this outside your flowerbeds. Not nice, but infinitely less of a stepping Hazard, especially for kids. (yes, I know it carries specific hazards in itself, but that’s a different argument altogether).

• 3rd December 2017 at 7:58 pm

I think the cat crap is in my garden! … Seriously, as you say, they don’t do it in the same places as dogs. Cats seem to find a place but dogs more often just go where they are standing (esp. if on a lead).

• 3rd December 2017 at 8:43 pm

We have dogs my husband walks them every day and always picks the poo up but the other day I was walking home in the dark and some nice person had not picked there’s up got home shoe was covered in it disgusting

• 3rd December 2017 at 8:59 pm

We always pick up our poo, and the dog’s as well. A polite request though, can the muppets who walk dogs on long leads next to busy roads NOT DO IT.

• 3rd December 2017 at 9:38 pm

In our last house we frequently found dog poo on our front garden, as did several of our neighbours. At one point I got so exasperated I put it in a poo bag and hung it from our tree asking the owner to claim it. No-one did of course, but I did notice people giving our house a wide berth for a while! Many people walked past the house going to and from the field, but I never saw anyone carrying a poo bag on the way back.

• 3rd December 2017 at 10:28 pm

Bleugh. My son trod in some once, in his socks, and I threw the socks away. If anything it was worse than dog poo.

• 3rd December 2017 at 10:30 pm

That’s what cats do they are not dogs on leads …. kittens have litter trays they use but most cats go outside to do their business …. they normally cover it and are very clean as they lick their bottoms clean after …. nothing worse than cat poo very smelly but that’s what they do

• 3rd December 2017 at 10:39 pm

Yes, most cats do go outside, but never on their own territory, always on someone else’s. Someone who chooses not to own a cat but has to deal with other people’s pet choices. Hardly fair really, is it?

• 3rd December 2017 at 10:55 pm

Actually i do own a cat who often goes out enjoying the fresh air!!!! Why shouldn’t she …. Although she is a very good cat because she does come in to do her business in the litter tray …. there again probably she does outside too …. they mostly do in their own territory and not on paths and as for grass i tend to keep to pathways …. other than that some people have far worse things going on in their life than worrying about cat poo

• 3rd December 2017 at 11:11 pm

It’s a healthy debate. We are all entitled to our opinions. Unfortunately I am putting my unborn child at risk if I come into contact with cat faeces, same with dog faeces if my daughter happens to slip and fall face first into a pile of it so this is a very relevant and important debate to me as a parent. I shall remain armed with my daughter’s super soaker and will be taking aim at any cat or dog who chooses to defecate on my property.

• 3rd December 2017 at 11:17 pm

Sorry but i think there are more things to worry about ! Like the library for instance!!!!

• 4th December 2017 at 9:32 am

Why is the library more important than the dog poo problem? They are both important and affect people in Raunds, just in different ways.

• 4th December 2017 at 10:12 am

In the woods …. or on your head if you happen to be walking under a tree at the wrong moment. ?

• 4th December 2017 at 10:26 am

This is a bit poo related ….. anyone had a new bathroom installed by cowboys lately, see photos if you recognise your crapper. Cowboy builder/plumber must have got caught short on the way up Shelton Rd. The rest of it was tipped in a pissing lane, boom boom.

• 4th December 2017 at 10:29 am

I have seen these used as a planter in a garden. Not really my thing. 🙁
      I did see something once about some ‘art’ which was basically a small urinal laying on it’s back, so maybe that toilet above is actually installation art? 🙂

• 4th December 2017 at 11:22 am

As a dog owner it makes me really angry how many people leave their pets mess “anywhere and everywhere” !? I’ve always got a pocket or two of poo bags (Tesco’s everyday essential Nappy sacks 300 for just 35p) ??? If you own a dog there is no excuse ,you shouldn’t even leave the house without any in the same way you wouldn’t leave the house without the dog if going for a dog walk??? I used to wind myself up with anger over what I would do to anyone i saw leaving their mess but that wasn’t very pleasant either and didn’t make me feel good about myself !? Now i just take loads of bags with me and pick up at least 3times as much as i need too in the hope i don’t tread in any later when out in the dark myself ??? Points to make/remember :-
    Always carry poo bags of some description
    There is NO Excuse(unless you are old and can’t bend or invalid in some way)
    It doesn’t matter where they do it , Pick it Up !
    Practice makes perfect ?
    It Doesn’t Matter how far away the next bin is!!! Carry it 2,3,5 miles if you have to ,it won’t hurt you ,there’s no shame in being seen with a bag of s××t ,it’s real life ??? Get over yerself , There’s No Excuse and there is shame in leaving it !? Rant over ……….for now !!!

• 4th December 2017 at 5:25 pm

To be fair, not being able to bend down or whatever, is part of looking after your dog – as important as feeding it. So if you cant feed it, or scoop it’s crap, you shouldn’t have the dog. Blaming ‘health’ for not doing your job, is a cop out everyone could hang their hat on.
    Fortunately, many are just happy to be labelled idle bar stewards, so may mend their ways in time.

• 5th December 2017 at 9:13 am

I live close to windmill and someone with a big dog has let it go on the grass at front of my house.