Police Activity at Wellington Hill?

Kyla Matthews says: ‘All kicking off down Wellington Hill. 5 police cars. Does anyone know what’s going on??’

Mike Turner

Mike has lived in Raunds himself since 2007 and started Raunds Town Voice back in 2014.  Mike has a strong passion for information sharing, especially within the community and helping individual people to have their voices heard

48 thoughts on “Police Activity at Wellington Hill?

• Jodie Coles
    7th November 2017 at 10:27 pm

I’m sorry to sound grumpy and don’t wish to start a debate but should this seriously be posted on here for the world and it’s dog to comment, speculate and scaremonger?!
    Yeah I care about the town and people in it but without knowing the truth/facts about ‘police activity in Wellington hill’ I think this should be removed until we do out of respect for those directly or indirectly involved…… 🙈

• Kyla Matthews
    8th November 2017 at 6:39 am

For gods sake you can’t say anything these days without upsetting someone!!!!

• Kyla Matthews
      8th November 2017 at 7:37 am

Shirley Brinkhurst I know. Like I say if police were up my house people would be gossiping. Bloody do gooders.

• Shirley Brinkhurst
      8th November 2017 at 7:47 am

Kyla Matthews exactly what people don’t know they make up anyway …. it was a genuine post …. not like some of the crap that gets posted on here like a pic of my car parked in a mother and child space in the coop😱hilarious when i had a child with me🤣xx

• John Fryatt
      9th November 2017 at 5:27 pm

Shirley Brinkhurst I don’t think that’s Raunds, it’s the on-line world. People are very quick to shout, abuse, etc. from the safety of their keyboard.

• Shirley Brinkhurst
      9th November 2017 at 5:58 pm

Yes your right …. people are so judgemental …. even so the posts mentioned are about people from raunds

• 8th November 2017 at 6:51 am

Kyla, do some investigate and please let us know what you find out would be helpful

• 8th November 2017 at 9:21 pm

You carry on kola if people don’t want to know what is going on in raunds don’t read raunds voice.

• Amie Victoria Cox
    8th November 2017 at 8:10 am

There was two police cars there last night when I drove past about 9.30. They were leaving. That was it

• Jayne Gould
    8th November 2017 at 8:28 am

Everybody is offended these days, sign of the times, sign of social media

• Janet Croxon
    8th November 2017 at 8:30 am

Can I just say that I am impressed that Northamptonshire has still got five police cars!

• Shirley Brinkhurst
    8th November 2017 at 8:35 am

Don’t know why people need to be offended unless it actually concerns them it was a genuine question not like some of the posts on here that name and shame people😡

• Shirley Brinkhurst
      8th November 2017 at 8:42 am

Amongst other stuff …. Raunds people love a bit of gossip they dwell on people’s misfortunes😡

• Mike Turner
      8th November 2017 at 8:47 am

Shirley Brinkhurst that one was slightly different as the police released that as a press release. People in the local area probably deserve to know about drug dealers in the area

• Shirley Brinkhurst
      8th November 2017 at 8:54 am

Not on raunds town voice did it …. i think we are all aware anyway it doesn’t have to be shared everywhere on social media probably a most wanted poster on the square would be more fitting for some people …. people in glass houses😡…. the cottons receptionists another post….im sorry but some people of raunds are just hypocrites

• Shirley Brinkhurst
      8th November 2017 at 9:22 am

Not on raunds town voice or other social networking and it’s ok to delete the comment i just put👍be nice to read something worth looking at than other people’s doom and gloom

• Mike Turner
      8th November 2017 at 9:26 am

Hi Shirley Brinkhurst, Town Voice is here to share either community questions but also ALWAYS shares all local police releases as well as council releases in an effort to centralise information. Sorry that you don’t feel that it should be on Town Voice but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. With regards to people talking about the receptionists at Cottons; this wasn’t really ever a name and shame, but a question on the service that the Cottons provide and whether it’s a shared feeling across the community. Sometimes without some community collaboration, peoples opinions get isolated and changes never come in effect. There will always be a fine balance between the posts that are put on but the site certainly never named individuals unless substantiated via official sources.

• Shirley Brinkhurst
      8th November 2017 at 9:30 am

Glad to hear it …. all these people might have friends sons daughters mothers fathers etc so let’s spare a thought to those …. wouldn’t it be a perfect world if we were all perfect

• Jayne Gould
      9th November 2017 at 7:12 am

Facebook is a news source for individuals, the police and even BBC. Some information names people – who yes – are friends sons daughters mother fathers etc. Would I have it any other way? Absolutely not. I discovered my mother had had a stroke via FB when I was the other side of the world. Over the past week I have been informed via FB of three people I knew who have died. Not the prefect way to be told in either scenario, but the news reached me, and fast. And I was thankful.

• Shirley Brinkhurst
      9th November 2017 at 6:03 pm

Don’t people have phones these days for direct contact rather than putting it all over social network …. when we go away we always have emergency contacts it’s a necessity …. yes news that concerns them personally not other people’s misfortunes it’s unnecessary for the families involved people relish in it !!

• Shirley Brinkhurst
      9th November 2017 at 8:35 pm

Jayne Gould sorry i thought you said you had discovered your mother had had a stroke via Facebook whilst you was on the other side of the world not talking with her on Facebook …. i thought someone else had told you via Facebook that’s how it reads …. Facebook is a sociable network until some people try and abuse it

• Steph Bayley
      9th November 2017 at 9:17 pm

For the record Shirley, that post was hardly ‘dwelling on his misfortune’. He was found guilty of drug dealing. Do the crime, pay the price.

• Shirley Brinkhurst
      9th November 2017 at 10:05 pm

Hardly worth sharing i would imagine the whole of raunds knows anyway it’s common knowledge i can name many some you wouldn’t even expect !! But me i like to keep my self to myself as we as parents never know how ones children might turn out …. i would hate to see their face shared all over Facebook

• Lee Wilkes
      10th November 2017 at 8:58 am

This is an odd argument isn’t it? Surely if people break the law (and let’s not forget these 2 were dealing and selling drugs including Heroin in Raunds), they need to be caught, they need to be imprisoned, and the public need to be made aware of it. It’s hardly schadenfreude, it’s using social media as a public service to inform the community of when the criminals amongst them have been identified and prosecuted.

• Shirley Brinkhurst
      10th November 2017 at 9:32 am

I take it Jayne Gould is a friend so this is why you feel the need to comment …. there is no argument here but i don’t take kindly to sarcastic remarks …. like i said I should imagine most of raunds is aware of the drug problem😡those that deal and those that buy as without them they would not exist and visa versa …. fair enough it’s on social media which people see why do people feel the need to keep sharing it’s unnecessary …. these sites get worse i for one was put on spotted for parking in a mother and child space when i had my child with me for what reason because raunds is just full of interfering busy bodies who have nothing better to do that poke their nose in other people’s business ….