Manor School Did Not Observe Minutes Silence

Anon says: “DISGRACEFUL decision, local secondary school does NOT observe minutes silence for terrorist acts!

Two terrorist acts in the last few weeks and the country twice observes a minutes silence, even children as young as 4 years old at a local primary observed it on both occasions.

However, Manor School did not, in the 400 minutes in a student’s day at Manor School, the School could not find one minute to allow their students to show respect and remember these atrocious acts and the suffering.

Mrs Linda Brooks, I call on you to never let this happen again. I know exams are taking place, but 11 o’clock is break time and the exams have finished for the morning for the vast majority.

Ring a bell at 11 am, the students are our young citizens, allowed them to join the rest of the country and grow as a person in doing so.

Did the great number of staff observe the one minute silence or was the choice to also taken away from them by Mrs Linda Brooks!?

5 thoughts on “Manor School Did Not Observe Minutes Silence

• 8th June 2017 at 11:06 am

I don’t think it is wrong that Manor School did not observe a minute’s silence. I am more worried that there are four year olds who did. My grandson (age 7) has been very worried by the terror attacks and it is a topic which needs sensitive handling.
    Adults had a choice about observing the silence. We could choose to do it at home, at work or to go to the Council Offices, or not observe it at all. To make it compulsory for children takes away their right to choose.
    I hope Mrs Brooks gave the matter careful consideration, as I am sure the Heads of the other local schools did, and I respect her decision.

• 11th June 2017 at 10:56 am

My daughter attends Manor and believe me this atrocity is on their minds and even believe their school could be targeted. This generation are going to have enough to deal with.
    And I agree we don’t all have to have a minutes silence in public to reflect our respect.
    It’s time for things to change not do the same motions after each event and nothing else.

• 11th June 2017 at 6:33 pm

Whoever commented on this did they not see a previous article praising the school for raising £500 for the Red Cross appeal associated with the Manchester attack!!

• 11th June 2017 at 7:25 pm

I was going to mention that. My neighbour works at Manor School and she said they have definitely talked about the attacks with the students.

• 11th June 2017 at 8:27 pm

Manor was not our catchment school and I choose it for how it is managed and led after experience of a badly managed school.
    So far I have only been impressed with how they deal with issues.