Warth Park Planning Resident Poll

There is much controversy around the Warth Park planning with lots of confusing information and petitions floating about.  The latest edition of “Raunds Round Up” published an editorial which stated that the representatives at the last public meeting who were against the expansion could not ‘in all honesty be described as a majority given the total population of Raunds and Stanwick is nearly 11,000’.

What is the general consensus ratio for/against.  Please vote below using our ‘unofficial’ poll and add any comments against our Social Media pages too!

[yop_poll id=”1″]

10 thoughts on “Warth Park Planning Resident Poll

• 6th February 2017 at 2:40 pm

It’s disgusting to even think this should go ahead and for people to think it should go ahead should be ashamed of yourselves

• Derek Mann
    6th February 2017 at 4:41 pm

ITS only speculation that they will bring ALL their workforce to Raunds…some won’t want to come.!!
    I would ask the question? Where were all you people that are objecting when they built the factories at the North end of Raunds, where was all the objections to ASDA, DPD HOTPOINT, EXERTIS. There must be some of the peeps from Rounds that will have jobs in this town at ASDA, are you going to deprive those people of jobs.
    And yes I am affected by the factories , and I would be pleased to know just how many of you objectors are from the Southern end of Raunds,
    You should have closed the flood gates 12 years ago if you want to live in solitude….

• 6th February 2017 at 8:01 pm

Hi Derek

Good point, I was not a resident at the time of the initial estate construction so didn’t have a voice. I would have made my opinions known though if I could, which I can now! I don’t think the employment arguement or anything else the developers promise will make up for the destruction of the area. Employment will only last until the units are in use, once obsolete we will be left with tarmac and concrete car parks where fields and trees once grew.

• 8th February 2017 at 10:18 am

Solitude? This isn’t the tundra – we live in a town and these 1,000,000 sq ft metal boxes hardly have a community feel about them do they? The fact is most people feel that phase 3, especially the scale of the it and its proximity to a country park is just too much

• 7th February 2017 at 12:47 pm

This expansion is far to large for a place like Raunds. Excessive traffic and air pollution from numerous lorrys entering raunds is a step to far for our town. Diesel fuel has been in the news lately about its health implications I’m concerned about all the fumes acumilating in the valley and blowing over the Andrews way housing estate and Raunds.

• John Andrews
    9th February 2017 at 6:47 am

I find that the more housing that goes up in our area the less jobs there are for residents. The companies who move onto venues give out the promise of locals being employed, but would rather ship in agency staff to their business. I have been here for more than 10yrs and in all that time seen the area expand and unemployment follow suit for locals. When are we the locals going to benefit from the industry coming to Raunds and its surrounds?

• Julia Palmer
      9th February 2017 at 7:18 am

I live in Raunds. Before Christmas I had temp work on Warth Park. On one particular day when there were 80 temp in the building I was the only ‘local’ with the majority bring brought in from Northampton and even Lincolnshire!

• Julia Palmer
      9th February 2017 at 7:22 am

I think the issue is more that they are the wrong type of jobs for the people and skills we have in our area.

• John Andrews
      9th February 2017 at 7:28 am

For the younger ones they have no chance due to the employment sector stating the old fact of sorry no experience. How are they to get the experience without getting a chance. Also how do youngsters to get on the job front when they state” apprentiship” no experience necessary. Then tell you that you need experience. Double standards is all I see.

• 14th February 2017 at 4:15 pm

I’ve lived in Raunds almost all my life. My grandparents and other family have been here since before I was born. They have gone from overlooking fields and quiet days to looking at buildings and listening to lorries.
    Saying they’re creating jobs for Raunds really doesn’t cut it. I’ve worked in Wellingborough for some 19 years and that was before I could even drive.
    Replacing our diminishing countryside with concrete and (probably) empty metal buildings is only going to ruin our quality of life. Raunds will become an industrial estate with a small town attached…